Friday, July 16, 2010


I haven't been up to Shelf and Solitude Lakes in a few years, and what a beautiful day it was to do it again. The top photo is Shelf Lake.

And when you hike up just a little further, you are rewarded with Solitude Lake, surrounded by Arrowhead, Powell, and Thatchtop.

Tommy and Theresa were celebrating their anniversary today. And it just happened to be Richard's and my 27th anniversary as well!

It is still as steep as I remember once you leave Glacier Creek, but once you get out of the trees along Shelf Creek, you are rewarded with magnificent views up Glacier Gorge of Longs Peak, Pagoda, and Chief's Head.

Hikemaster Tom was leading a hike to the lakes as well, and he showed me a new route down that passed by Shelf Falls which were absolutely beautiful. My buddy Katy joined us on the trip.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment