Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Mornings

Muneca is back. A little behind on some postings. I will try to catch up today. But the morning is too perfect to rush. Sitting on my porch, cup of coffee by my side getting cool while I watch life unfold in front of me.

The North St Vrain is in full runoff after the last week of hot weather, providing a soundtrack and constant motion. The bird feeders and geraniums have been hung for the season. A broadtailed hummingbird discovered the first feeder before it was even out of my hand. A hairy woodpecker is clawing at the sunflower seeds, frantically searching for the perfect kernels to stash in the nearby ponderosa pine. Flycatchers are perching on the aspen snag, on the lookout for their next snack.

A few days ago, Ms Moose paid me an early morning visit. As I was walking up the path to my car, engrossed in my thoughts, I saw this tall dark body in front of me, with long legs that seemed to stretch up higher than my head. She trotted away, around the side of the cabin, and I followed, just to watch. The moose have only recently come to the eastern side of the park, and Wild Basin is hosting a fairly large group. But they are reclusive, and I will always stop to enjoy when they come to say hello.

Somedays it feels right to just sit back and take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment