Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chasm Lake


Hiking up toward Chasm Lake always makes me feel insignificant. The two highest mountains in Rocky Mountain National Park are towering on two sides. And those mountains are scoured into sheer faces, whose surfaces could tell an interesting story. A cloudy day made the story in the rocks a little more visible.

I've been loving the panorama views that I can create with my new camera, but especially in places where there is no way to capture the scene in a single shot. When mountains surround and I am dwarfed, it brings some immensity to the photo. But it looks too far away. I need to cut out the photo into a long strip and wrap it around me.

Our group at Chasm Lake. In back - Gary, Andrew, Chris, and Bob. In fron - me, John, Sherry, Catherine with Muneca, Jordan, and Paul

Peacock Pool and Columbine Falls against the flank of Mt Meeker. The sun kept trying to creep out, but the clouds and rain won out by the time we reached treeline. Even Gary finally surrendered to the raincoat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment