Monday, July 25, 2011

Mt Audubon

I have lost count of the number of times I have climbed Mt Audubon. It was one of the first summits I hiked. It was the first summit for my girls - each doing it when they were nine years old. I have spent my anniversary there. I can see it from my bedroom window. It is my special mountain, and I love to share it with others. Today we had the perfect day - blue sky, puffy clouds, shorts and T-shirt weather on the summit. We basked in the sunshine for over an hour.

Muneca was stunned to find that she had a friend on Mt Audubon. Jeffrey had hidden in another backpack for the trip to the summit. He was very protective of Muneca while they lunched in the rocky enclosure. .

Paul, Ian, Maggie, Bob, James, Cory, Rich and Jeffrey and Muneca at the summit.

This pretty well sums up how we all felt at the end of the hike. Where's the hot tub?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment