Friday, July 20, 2012

Mitchell and Blue


The bad news - my hike to Timber Lake was cancelled because there was only one hiker signed up. The good news - the lone hiker was my good friend Katie. We decided to go to Mitchell and Blue even though I had been there on Wednesday. The weather was perfect, and we had time to enjoy the sights along the way. We stopped to take in the view up Mt Audubon from Mitchell Lake. Two fishermen had waded out and were casting into the deep blue waters. One had a black lab at his side, calmly wading in the water, not disturbing the fish.

We stopped for a very long lunch at Blue Lake. The clouds and the light changed continously, highlighting different aspects of Mt Toll as it shifted.

If you have a dog, the Indian Peaks allow you to bring along your four legged friend on a leash. We saw plenty of wonderful dogs on our hike, but Lux stole my heart. I should have gotten a photo with Muneca as they are about the same size, but I was afraid she might become a chew toy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment